TOLL FREE FOR USA-CANADA: 1-866-356-5524
(Call Us, English speakers crew)
Business Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9 am 1 pm
(by mornings) - 4pm - 8 pm (by afternoons)
Peruvian Time Zone: GMT - 5 hours
Before making a trek booking please read the following information carefully
1. Details required to make a trek booking: We need the names, nationalities and ages all group members. Please clearly state if you want to hire the services on a Personal horse for riding while on the trek with and extra cost of US$50 or stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes after the trek as these details cannot be changed after making a booking. Details such as hiring an extra sleeping bag or having special/vegetarian meals can be changed right up until 2 days prior to departure.
2. Arrive in Cusco 2 days before trek departure: Your arrival date in Cusco must be at least 01 day prior to trek departure since you have to pay the trek balance before 6pm, 01 day before you start the trek. Of course is better to Arrive 02 days prior to the trek also ensures that you are better acclimatized to the high altitude. However 03 days is recommended.
3. Payment of trek deposit: You will need to pay the trek deposit of US$150 per person within 07 days of us accepting your booking. We will send you details of how to pay the deposit when we confirm your trek booking:
* these are the fastest & most secure forms of payments in Peru:
1.- by Western Union money transfer
2.- by VISA Payment On-Line
3.- by Mail Order System On-line by Amex and Master Credit Cards (MOTO)
Further details of how to send the deposit are included with our trek booking confirmation email. The remaining balance is to be paid in our office at least one day prior to your trek departure date. Payment can be made in cash US$, local currency (Peruvian Soles), or American Express Travel Cheques (3%).
4. Student discounts: If you are claiming a student discount you MUST bring the ISIC card to the office when you pay the trek balance and take it with you on the Lares Trek as it will be checked by government officials. Unfortunately no other forms of student identity are acceptable (university cards, international youth cards, teachers cards etc). If you forget your ISIC card or lose it then you will need to pay the difference as adult fee before to get into the city of Machu Picchu.
5. Teenagers discounts:
Teenagers under 15 years old receive a US$15 discount, If you are claiming a Teenagers discount you must send us a scan of your Teenagers's passport (page containing photo and date of birth) by email within 4 days of us accepting your booking. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your Teenagers's passport within 4 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard adult trek price for your Teenagers.
6. Child discounts:
years old receive a US$40
discount. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scan of your
child's passport (page containing photo and date of birth) by email within 4
days of us accepting your booking. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your
child's passport within
4 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the
trek price for your child.
Please cut and paste the following section into your email to us and just fill in any missing blanks.
OR THE ( please choose the right one between private or shared program according your plans )
Please cut and paste the following section below into your email to us and just fill in any missing blanks.
2.- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu Shared Service 4 days (trek code LMP406)
Date that we
would like to start the trek: ......../2011
Our arrival date in Cusco is: ............./2011
(We recommend staying 02 days in Cusco before the trek, minimum 01 day)
Passport Name (first & family):
Age (at start of trek):
Student with valid ISIC card: Yes / No
Personal horse for Riding (US$50 ): Yes / No
Sleeping bag hire (US$15): Yes / No
Vegetarian meals: Yes / No
Extra night at Aguas Calientes (regarding date of train ticket only): Yes / No
Any other information:
We will confirm your trek reservation by email within a couple of days.
We will require a trek deposit of US$150 per person paid within 07 days of us confirming your trek booking. The date by which the trek deposit has to be paid and details of how to pay the trek deposit will be included in the trek confirmation email.
Single traveller booking are accepted for the group service. There are optional US$15 single tent supplement, and a US$5 airport pick up charge.
The price of our standard 4 day Inca Trail group service as listed on our
website is based on the following costs:
(a) Machu Picchu entrance fee is 126 Peruvian Soles (approx US$46)
(b) The price of the train service from Aguas Calientes to Cusco in Backpackers class is US$96 per person (2010)
(c) The price of the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes is US$12 per person (round trip)
(d) The current rate of Peruvian sales tax (IGV) is 19%
The above costs are based on all information currently available. Although the government has not confirmed the price of Machu Picchu entrance fee (trek permit) in 2010.
An increase to any of the above third party costs are completely outside of the control of Andean Life and will be passed directly on to our clients. As soon as we are aware of any such increase we will immediately update our website and the price of our trek increased accordingly. Clients be be asked to pay any differences to the cost of the trek when paying the trek balance upon arrival in Cusco. The actual cost of the trek permits / train tickets and bus tickets is clearly marked on the respective tickets so it will be very clear to our clients that an increase to any of the above costs has occurred. We appreciate you understanding in this matter.
Main Office in Cusco City : Calle Plateros 372,
Plaza de Armas, Cusco, Peru Office In Lima City:
Avenida Grau 252, Apartment 503, Miraflores.
(Located just half block from the main square of Cusco City) (A block from Pardo Avenue opposite to the Canadian Embassy in Miraflores Area)
Office Telephone 1 : + 51-84-221491 Office Telephone : (51-1) 446-8057
Office Telephone 2 : + 51-84-261269 Emergency Mobil Phone: + 51-84-984-673544
Office Fax: + 51-84-261269
Emergency Mobil Phone: + 51-84-984-673544
Licensed Inca Trail tour operator, specialists in trekking in the Andes (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and other treks)
©Andean Life 1999 - 2009. All material within this web site is original work and subject to national and international copyright laws and cannot be reproduced without the written permission of the copyright holder. All rights reserved.